Profile Header

Profile Header

Sunday 5 June 2016

My Beauty Empties - Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion (review)



 Hello earthlings, I have arrived.


To all of my Muslim family, friends and readers, Ramadhan is right around the corner. I wish you all a wonderful Ramadhan and have Berkah fasts.

Post related to previous blog-post; click the link to read my First Impression!


Yes, which month did I mention in the above link that I’m going to make a full review? MAY. And what month is this Faizeemah? JUNE. WELL DONE! HAHAHAHAHA, forgive me. But ay? I did jot down my schedule planning other posts in the future, for Ramadhan month and since school holiday will be starting sooooon then you’ll see more of me. //inserts moon emoji

PRODUCT REVIEW – CLINIQUE Anti-Blemish Solutions Clarifying Lotion



THIS lotion is wonderful. ‘Nuff said, bye! HAHAHAH, joking, ain’t leaving you guys with just those, right? This is actually the solution for my acne. It helps my skin a lot. I’ve had disgusting acne around my face for years but once I’ve started using this, it really does lessen and yes, most of the acne marks that I’ve suffered before, they’re also almost invisible during the whole period of using the whole bottle and my face feel so much cleaner.

Well that’s my summed up review BUT let me tell you my experience on when I first started.

ANTI-BLEMISH SOLUTIONS 3-STEP SKIN CARE: STEP 2
To use: SHAKE VIGOROUSLY. Using a cotton ball, sweep over face and throat, avoiding eye area. Use AM and PM. If dryness occurs, reduce usage. After blemishes clear, continue using for preventative care.

Reviewers online did mention that this contain alcohol, which results in stinging on the face. Yep, it did and I was so scared that it would ruin/burn my skin, thankfully it didn’t. Especially on the acne itself, it would sting you a LOT! But only during the first few weeks, after that you’ll get use to the sting and in the end you won’t even feel any sensation because your skin will be smoother and your cotton pad will just slide over your face smoothly.

WARNING: DO NOT INHALE THE SCENT BECAUSE I DID ONCE AND I CHOKED. BAHAHAHAHA
It has a very strong chemical smell.

I regret not taking proof pictures but trust me guys, it does work. Even my friends pointed that most of my acne had faded away from its previous state, you know who you are. HEHEHE.

Since I’ve ran out of this product, I’m now searching for a new substitute but guys, I feel like I need this back! /cries
I don’t really get big pimples nowadays after I finished using this, exception for my nose. I still can’t figure out how to save them. TT~TT
But now that I’m not using it anymore, I am not in control of my blemishes, whiteheads, blackheads, acne marks/scars; it just bugs me a lot. I start having thoughts on whether to use this or not again. Should I buy another bottle? I should have just followed the directions, “after blemishes clear, continue using for preventative care”.

I did mention on the post (above link) that my original plan was to find Shiseido’s toner, or anything related to a toner but I came across this one instead. I was searching around the store for the good ones. I went pass by Laneige section, by experience I did purchase their “Water Sleeping Pack – EX” but honestly speaking, I don’t frequently use it because I use other products at night but! BUT! For future review then I’ll try to make it work. BAHAHA. Why did I decide to find a high-end product instead? Well actually searching for the right product is hard, so I decided to just splurge a teeny tiny bit amount of money to heal my skin. And yes, Alhamdulillah I got the right one!

Benefit(s) of a toner -
It is important to tone your face as toner balances out the pH of your face after cleansing. Facial toners also help to remove environmental toxics, smokes, smog and other chemicals residues. This will brighten up your skin and reduces your acne.

Currently using this
I did talk with the expert there when I was choosing the products; I told her that I have a combination of oily/dry skin. She suggested that a lotion will work the best. She also suggested the CLINIQUE Anti-Blemish Cleansing Foam (above) but currently I’m still loyal with my Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser, and I think I will not change it anymore – I did try out a different one  when I first finished my Cetaphil cleanser, and it was just pretty bad, I regret it a lot, the horrible break-outs I’m currently having right now explains why it wasn’t a suitable product for me.


I will touch on the cleanser I mentioned above next time.

 How I use it?
Use daily, morning and night. I take one cotton pad for each application, tilt the mouth of the bottle and tip ONLY TWICE onto the pad, as told by the beauty expert there. If the amount of solution you’ve used feel like it’s too strong for you, especially for first timers, reduce usage.
You will see dull dirty gunk from your face. What does that mean? Face cleanser alone will not get rid of ALL of the dirt on your face which will result in clog pores.



Review rate:
9 out of 10
Pretty high ay? I know!

PRICE: BND49.00

Another beauty review done, ticked the list!
I’ve already sort out the other products to be categorized on my “Beauty Empties” section. Stay tuned.
Have a lovely day ahead.

Short reminder-
Don’t worry about your imperfections; you’re perfect in so many different ways. People will love you for you and true beauty comes when you decide to just be yourself. It’s the beauty from the inside that matters the most, right?
Assalamualaikum, Faizeemah. x

No comments:

Post a Comment