Profile Header

Profile Header

Monday 15 February 2016

DIY - Paper Dinosaur Hat

Today’s post will be different than usual. Here I’m giving you a DIY on how to make a Paper Dinosaur Hat.



Last week, my little sister was invited to a Dinosaur-Themed Birthday party but she didn’t have any dinosaur costumes or outfit to wear. So rather than going out hours and hours searching for it, I decided to make my own. Searched for it in Google, obviously. HAHAHA, I’m not that creative. Came across this cute hat/headwear idea which I think is really easy and simple to make!

Materials you’ll need:
2 green (any colour, I just chose green) construction paper/manila card
Scissors
Glue Stick
Ruler
Staplers
Clear tape
Clothes-peg

Directions:


FIRST, cut 6 strips about 1 inch of the construction paper. Two of these will be our headband and the other four will be the platform for our spikes that will be attached to the headband. The number of stripes depends on the size of your child’s head and height. The bigger the head, more strips for the headband. The taller the height, more strips for the cross-piece. :)

You’ll get something like this, long and thin.

Next, take another construction paper and cut about 2-3 inches wide of rectangles.  This will be our spikes.
Once done, fold these rectangles into halves and draw a triangle in it, leaving 1cm at the bottom, like this.

This is what it should look like once you cut it out. I ended up making about 24 of these for the spikes.

Then, take the cut-out triangles and stick it onto the 1 inch strip and just paste it all the way until desired length.

Once you’re satisfied with the length and the number of spikes, you can go ahead wait until the glue dry.

NEXT, take 2 of the 1 inch strips and measure your child’s head. Staple the two strips together and cover the staple with a clear tape, to prevent any injuries.
((apology because I didn’t take any pictures on me doing this, but you guys get the idea, right?))


Okay as for the spikes, once the glues' has dried, flip the cross piece over so your pasted spikes are underneath, I took the two remaining 1 inch strips and paste it to overlap the platform so that you can't see the unwanted lines.


Fold each of the spikes up to hold up a kind of triangular peak/shape. Like this.

Glue the two tips together and use the clothes-peg to help secure it together while the glues’ drying. Continue doing this to all your spikes.

It will look like this.

Once the glue has dried, attach the headband with this cross-piece.

AND THAT IS IT! :D I know the instructions may be a little hard to understand since I’m bad at describing but I tried my best to explain it HEHEHE. I also referred to the original website to help me improve my explanations. ^^ big thanks to her!

The result:

Alright, that’s all! Thankyou for reading and I hope you can try this out for any dinosaur themed party or something. xD Hope this is helpful enough. <3

Assalamualaikum & Have a great day, goodbye!


Lots of  love, Faizeemah. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment