Profile Header

Profile Header

Friday 26 February 2016

Life Post - Volunteered for Project Nurkaseh Brunei

Before I start my life update story any further, I think it’s better for me to introduce briefly what is Project NurKaseh (PNK) first. Right, so as far as I know, this is a charity community formed by this group of family and their aim is to seek help from others or sponsors and these sponsors can send donations to the PNK family and PNK’s job is to distribute this charitable donations to those who are in needs; orphans, the poor, special needs, single parents, disaster victims, those parents who's not working & has a low income for their family and more...

Donations are usually clothes, food, rations, daily supplies (soaps, detergents, cooking essentials, etc). Also, sometimes the sponsors will give money instead of items to the PNK family for them to buy food rations and the PNK will distribute them themselves. At least once or twice in a year, PNK will organize some big events and the event that I volunteered was on 23rd February 2016.


(correct me if I made any mistake on the information above)

For anymore further information:
Please visit their Facebook page: Projek Nur Kaseh– Brunei
Follow them on Instagram: ProjectNurKaseh
Founder of PNK’s post about the starting of PNK - http://feedahmd.blogspot.com/2015/01/project-nurkaseh-mulanya-di-sini_11.html



Alright with that explained, let’s start! :D


Okay so how do I know about this charity community? Actually, my friend is one of the PNK family members and she actually asked us if there’s anyone who’s willing to volunteer and help them throughout the event. I wasn’t busy on that particular date so why not give it a try and I’d loved to help along. HEHE

My friend from the PNK family ^^

When I arrived to my friend’s aunt’s house in the early morning (before people & guests arrived) and the first thing I see was these:











So from the pictures above, those were actually ALL the donations. Quite a lot right? Alhamdulillah, they managed to collect that much for the people. :)


As soon as the event starts, the place was already full with people and we can see ourselves getting super busy that day, and yep, we had a hectic yet FUN day. SOOOOO, my job as a volunteer was to fill up the people’s form and jot down how many items they will bring home, for example, first I was in charged in managing the kids’ toys & school supplies, so if there’s anyone of them who wants to take the toys, I’ll fill in their form, let them choose anything they want and after that I will sign my name there. That simple. Nope, it wasn’t actually HAHAHAH, wanna know why? Because, there were A LOT of people that day and we only had few volunteers in this section so I was kind of panicked when ALL of them came to choose the toys, we had to let them take turns to pick their items because if not, it will be a chaos. HAHAHAHA
Kids’ toys







This goes on until 5:45pm and I stayed there until the event finished.



How did I felt that day?
It was sooooo tiring but I really had a LOT of fun, not just that I’m happy that I was able to volunteer and help, I felt good about it. The PNK family also were so nice, they’re different from what I expected, in a very very good way HEHEHE, and everyone was so kind and lovely. If there’s any chance next time, I will surely join and volunteer again with an open heart!



Few snips from that day as well:









Two of the sponsor groups

Alhamdulillah, I thank Allah that the event was a success & we’re happy to see the people who were in need, collecting their donations. Everyone did a very good job.

I want to thank the PNK family too for your heart-warming hospitality & the joy that you guys had was a wonderful sight to see. Much love for you guys!


And Muslims, remember:


Assalamualaikum, I’ll end today’s post here
&
hope you have a very great day!
Stay lovely, amazing & humble.


Lots of love, Faizeemah! x

6 comments:

  1. naisee blog, cant wait for next sem punya ��. shout out nama ku ah arh blog ����

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there! thankyou for reading and visiting my blog, really appreciate your time :) HAHAHA a shoutout eh? not until I know who's this but ok, look forward to the next sem! see u around

      Delete